The following post includes affiliate links which contains items that I recommend of the best quality in which I may receive a commission at NO extra cost to you if you decide to purchase. See my disclosure.
It is absolutely blowing my mind that another Thanksgiving is just in a few days. Where in the heck did 2018 go? Seriously! There are so many stressful things that come with the holidays including dealing with family, work, friends, kids home from school and so much prep work especially if you are having the holiday at your home.
If you don’t have time to run to the store, INSTACART is the easiest way to have groceries delivered to your home within the hour. Everything you need picked right from your phone at one of your local stores that you choose.
Rule #1 to start the holiday season it is a MUST to have the movie Elf with Will Ferrell. If you haven’t seen this classic, shame on you get your copy today and watch!
- I cant say enough about prepping ASAP because the grocery store shelves with be EMPTY of that chocolate pie shell you forgot to buy (I’ve done this and they are cleaned out) Get all of your spices, corn syrup, brown sugar, canned pumpkin and stuffing mixes as early as possible.
- Preview your recipes. If you are like me I have them all in one bag from an old recipe box that are piled on top of each other with the frequents on top. Sometimes the one I really need is no where to be found, find it early.
- If you are making the turkey, make sure you know all of your cooking rules. Pounds and size and hours to cook on what temperature are important things to know OR we have all seen Christmas Vacation and know what can happen to an overcooked holiday turkey.
- Check your appliances, your stove, your microwave, your pots and pans (here is a really good Tfal set if you are in need of new) and casserole dishes. Make sure everything is in working condition so you aren’t scrambling to Walmart at 11:00 pm Wednesday evening to find what you need to cook with.
- So the kids will be home at least at my house all day Wednesday. Guess what project they get to work on? Cleaning out the refrigerator so I have room to store all the extra things I have to make. Throw out all the leftovers and clean it up!
- My daughter is the decorator in the family. She gets to decorate the table. One more thing checked off my list.
- Find out ahead of time of dietary needs if any. We have some gluten free family members so we always try to keep a few menu items separate for them so they don’t feel like they have to bring their own food to enjoy a get together. Here is a great Thanksgiving Gluten Free recipe book for some ideas!
- Keep a master list and check things off as you complete them. I’m telling you after I hit 40 my brain can only remember a couple of things at a time, if I did not keep a list I would never get anything done. I keep folded up post it notes everywhere like my grandmother used to keep wadded up tissues. It’s a must to have a main list to go to so the holiday can be as perfect as you want it to be.
There are many things to be thankful for with this scary crazy world we live in right now. Take time and enjoy the people around you as we never know what will happen in the year to come.
2 Corinthians 9:11
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
Have an amazing holiday! Send me a comment and tell me what helps you get through the holidays.
Get your 7 best money saving apps list!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.